Sunday, September 4, 2016

Larry and I took a friend out for her birthday dinner the other night.  Towards the end of the meal, my characters began their dance in my head.  I looked around the restaurant, not really seeing everything, and not knowing why I did it.  

When I faced the table, our friend asked me 'was I mad?'  

I told her 'no', 

she said my 'face looked mad', 

Larry told her I 'was looking for my boyfriend', 

I answered 'why you're right here!'  

Everyone laughed. 

It was totally strange, I felt invaded by my characters for that single moment. 

So, now the question is: Have they taken me as well my actions over?  

Have you, as writers, felt the same as I have described??  

Have I gone crazy?  

Am I talking into the void?    

Will I be answered? 

No comments:

Post a Comment